Featured post

PAM ROYDS 1924 - 2016

Pam Royds on Grasmere , 1971 with Sally Christie, children’s author and daughter of Philippa Pearce. I was just twenty two when I fir...

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
My blog is about writing and illustrating children's books which I have been doing since 1974. www.gillianmcclure.com has all my books. I also have another blog: www.paulcoltman.blogspot.com where I publish my father's poems.

Sunday 7 March 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY


My first grandson is about to have his second birthday party. Sadly, I can't get over to Vancouver for it but maybe I'll catch a glimpse on skype video.
As he likes dogs I've bought him for his birthday two dog stories in board book format: Harry the Dirty Dog by Gene Zion & Margaret Bloy Graham

and Where's Spot? by Eric Hill.
And because I like cats, a cat story in board book form: Ginger by Charlotte Voake. It's great these classics are all coming out in board book form.

The dog story I didn't get him was Good Dog Carl by Alexandra Day.

I find some of the images of the very realistic rottweiler a bit disturbing and I'm surprised to find it is now a board book.


Another book I will send is an old hardback copy of Red Riding Hood re-told in verse by Beatrice Schenk de Regnier with Edward Gorey's witty pictures because I know my son enjoyed it as a child and will enjoy reading it to his son.

No comments:

Post a Comment