Featured post

PAM ROYDS 1924 - 2016

Pam Royds on Grasmere , 1971 with Sally Christie, children’s author and daughter of Philippa Pearce. I was just twenty two when I fir...

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
My blog is about writing and illustrating children's books which I have been doing since 1974. www.gillianmcclure.com has all my books. I also have another blog: www.paulcoltman.blogspot.com where I publish my father's poems.

Sunday 24 June 2012

REVIEWS

A review of Zoe’s Boat in Books for Keeps talks about, among other things, friendship:
'This book tells young readers much about friendship’ and that adventure can bring danger and risk’. Books for Keeps 
 But it doesn’t mention Zoe’s attachment to stuff – all her special things’ which are washed away during her adventure at sea.  
However it was the ‘special things’ and their loss that most affected a six year old reader who said rather solemnly, “There must be a moral.”
Well, I didn’t mean to imply a moral but, on reflection, living as we do in austerity times, it might be a comfort to know that friendship is worth more than just stuff.
One day I’ll have to do a sequel for my six-year-old friend and restore all Zoe’s belongings. Perhaps by then austerity will have ended too.

No comments:

Post a Comment