Featured post

PAM ROYDS 1924 - 2016

Pam Royds on Grasmere , 1971 with Sally Christie, children’s author and daughter of Philippa Pearce. I was just twenty two when I fir...

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
My blog is about writing and illustrating children's books which I have been doing since 1974. www.gillianmcclure.com has all my books. I also have another blog: www.paulcoltman.blogspot.com where I publish my father's poems.

Wednesday 27 January 2010

KENT SKETCHES




I've taken my light box and and work-in-progress and transferred my studio for a few days to Kent where I'm house -sitting one dog, one nephew, six quails and some hens. I'm close to the Stodmarsh bird reserve where cormorants roost and nest in dead trees that rise out of the water. It has a primordial atmosphere.

...just seen the fox go by. It'll be feeding its cubs and knows exactly where the quails and hens live. The last time I house sat here I was late locking them in and they were all taken.


No comments:

Post a Comment